Clinton TownshipOctober 3, 2013
Woman dead, four injured in car crash on 19 Mile
By Nick Mordowanec
C & G Staff Writer
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One woman was killed and four others injured after a two-car crash Sept. 28, on 19 Mile Road near Dalcoma Drive in Clinton Township.
All of the occupants were taken by ambulance to Henry Ford Macomb Hospital nearby on 19 Mile, Clinton Township Police Lt. Raymund Macksoud said in a news release.
The 30-year-old woman, Clinton Township resident Jennifer Palmer, was pronounced dead at the hospital at about 4:40 p.m. Sept. 28.
Palmer was driving a Ford Fusion in the right lane of eastbound 19 Mile at about 1:20 p.m. when she was struck on the driver’s side by a westbound Chevy SUV that had crossed the center lane and went into her lane. Police said that the driver of the Chevy SUV is a 34-year-old man from Clinton Township.
Lt. Anthony Greene said on Oct. 1 that no autopsy had yet been conducted. It’s unclear whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the fatal accident, and the names of the four injured people had not been released at press time.
“We are continuing the investigation and looking at the development of possible charges,” Greene said.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing Southfield man found dead in Sterling Heights field - Sterling Heights
- Police continue to investigate woman’s death - Warren
- Feds take over bank robbery cases - Roseville
- Looking Back: Harper Woods High School - Harper Woods
- Project Blue Light honors fallen officers - Hazel Park
- Supporting the rescues that save lives - Metro Detroit
- Café concert to benefit local animal rescue - Madison Heights
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Special needs program receives $10,000 grant for iPads - Hazel Park
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Community gets ready for 38th annual Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade Nov. 29 - Grosse Pointe City
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time