West BloomfieldSeptember 18, 2013
WBSD to host Family Fun Night
By Cari DeLamielleure-Scott
C & G Staff Writer
WEST BLOOMFIELD — Saluting U.S. military, police and fire heroes, the West Bloomfield School District will hold its third annual Family Fun Night at West Bloomfield High School Friday, Sept. 20, prior to the 7 p.m. football game against Rochester High School.
The community-sponsored event is free to West Bloomfield families and begins at 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, West Bloomfield Strong!, highlights a surge in partnerships among the West Bloomfield community and organizations, said Pamela Zajac, public relations and marketing coordinator for the school district.
“We’ve always talked about Laker Pride, and this year, we were talking about the pride in West Bloomfield and to show the strength of the community because we are all working together and connecting,” she said.
Activities will include an inflatable football toss, dunk tanks, face painting, a rock-climbing wall, dog tags made for attendees by the U.S. military and an F-16 fighter jet where kids can be photographed.
Armed forces personnel, police officers and firefighters will be displaying rescue vehicles, a fire engine, a patrol boat and military vehicles for families to tour.
Following the family fun, a tribute ceremony will take place at 6:45 p.m. for service members.
Entry to the football game is free for elementary and middle school students wearing their school spirit, and $5 for adults.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Business owner slain outside restaurant - Harper Woods
- Christmas Bird Count draws near - Macomb County
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- FPS superintendent retires - Farmington
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi