WarrenJanuary 29, 2013
Warren police search for bank robber
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Police are hoping an image captured on a security camera will lead to the arrest of a man who robbed the Huntington Bank branch on Ryan just south of Nine Mile Road early Jan. 28.
According to a press release issued by the Warren Police Department, a suspect described as a white man with blue eyes and a grey goatee entered the bank at 9:28 a.m. Police said the man was wearing a black Carhartt-style jacket, blue jeans, black work boots and a red-and-black baseball cap.
Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz said the suspect’s age ranged from 20 to 50 years old, according to witness statements.
The suspect reportedly arrived on foot, entered the bank and walked directly to a teller with a note that said, “This is a robbery and I have a gun. Follow directions or I will shoot.”
The suspect reportedly used the note to ask for bills in denominations ranging from $10 to $100. The suspect allegedly ordered the teller to return the note before he fled the bank on foot toward Nine Mile.
No suspect vehicle was seen in the area.
Anyone with information about the robbery can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi