Troy voters will go to the polls 7 a.m.-8 p.m. May 7 to decide who will be their mayor.
Six candidates — council-appointed Mayor Dane Slater, former lawmaker Marty Knollenberg, Faris Alami, Jon Desjardins, David Elsas and Scott Welborn — are running for the seat. Visit www.candgnews.com/news/meet-candidates for profiles
of the candidates.
Registered voters may request absentee ballot applications in person from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. through Friday, May 3, at the Troy City Clerk’s Office, 500 W. Big Beaver, and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 4, the Saturday before the election. Registered voters may also request an absentee ballot application at Troy City Hall May 6, the day before the election, but voting must be completed on site that day.
Check the election results here on C & G's website May 8. Look to the May 16 print edition of the Troy Times for complete coverage.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Motorcylist dies shortly after collision on Gratiot Avenue - Clinton Township
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit