Victims in Eastland drive-by shooting expected to recover
August 28, 2014
Police believe two weapons were used to fire multiple shots at two people in the parking lot of Eastland Center during the afternoon Aug. 27.
A 30-year-old man and 22-year-old woman were shot when a vehicle containing at least three suspects pulled up and fired multiple times as the victims were on the west side of the mall at about 3:30 p.m.
The suspects fled the scene.
“Harper Woods detectives recovered over 25 shell casings at the crime scene,” Public Safety Director James Burke said in a news release. “It is believed a large-caliber handgun and some type of rifle were used in the attack.”
The two victims were taken to a local hospital.
“At this time, both victims are expected to recover from their gunshot wounds,” Burke said in the news release.
Police said no other information is being released at this time.
Anyone with information on this incident should call Harper Woods Public Safety at (313) 343-2530.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township