Victims in Eastland drive-by shooting expected to recover
Published August 28, 2014
Police believe two weapons were used to fire multiple shots at two people in the parking lot of Eastland Center during the afternoon Aug. 27.
A 30-year-old man and 22-year-old woman were shot when a vehicle containing at least three suspects pulled up and fired multiple times as the victims were on the west side of the mall at about 3:30 p.m.
The suspects fled the scene.
“Harper Woods detectives recovered over 25 shell casings at the crime scene,” Public Safety Director James Burke said in a news release. “It is believed a large-caliber handgun and some type of rifle were used in the attack.”
The two victims were taken to a local hospital.
“At this time, both victims are expected to recover from their gunshot wounds,” Burke said in the news release.
Police said no other information is being released at this time.
Anyone with information on this incident should call Harper Woods Public Safety at (313) 343-2530.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township