Utica police seek information following alcohol–related crash
Published December 18, 2012
Following a two-car accident between a white Chevrolet Malibu and a gray Ford Taurus late Dec. 16 that left all parties with serious injuries, Utica police are asking any witnesses for information that could help the investigation.
Utica Police Chief David Faber said that his department’s investigation has confirmed that alcohol was a factor in the crash, which occurred at roughly 11 p.m. along westbound M-59, near the M-53 expressway.
“We got called out to the accident, officers arrived and there were three parties between two vehicles,” Faber said. “All had serous injuries, and all were transported to area hospitals.”
“Alcohol does appear to be a factor in this accident, and we’re trying to reconstruct the accident at this time, as we’re looking for anyone that may have seen either of the vehicles, the crash or seen the vehicles prior to. Right now, we have no eyewitness accounts,” Faber added.
Faber said that based upon the initial investigation and the location of the accident, neither driver had been drinking within Utica.
“From what we’ve been able to gather thus far, neither of the vehicles had been in any establishments in Utica,” Faber said.
Any witnesses who saw the crash or saw either vehicle on the road prior to the crash are asked to contact the Utica Police Department at (586) 731-2345.
“At this point, based on where the vehicles ended up, we’re not 100 percent sure on the travel direction of either of these vehicles,” Faber said.
- 30 DAYS
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- Stay on course with safety while off-roading - Metro Detroit
- Late councilman was a beloved family man, city leader - Utica
- ROHS named as a ‘Best High School’ in annual ranking - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township