Clinton TownshipOctober 17, 2013
Two drivers injured in car crash on Clinton River Road
By Nick Mordowanec
C & G Staff Writer
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One driver is in stable condition while another is in intensive care after a car crash that occurred on Clinton River Road.
At approximately 11:34 a.m. on Oct. 16, a 19-year-old male driver of a green Honda sedan was traveling east on Clinton River Road toward Romeo Plank. The driver lost control on the curve and entered westbound Clinton River sideways, colliding with a full-size red Econoline van heading westbound. The Honda was struck directly on its driver side doors.
The driver of the Econoline is a 62-year-old man said to be in stable condition. Capt. Richard Maierle said that the 19-year-old male is in critical condition.
Both drivers are Clinton Township residents and were being treated at McLaren Macomb Hospital at press time. It is unknown whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash, although speed may have been a contributing factor.
At press time there were no names disclosed and no thorough explanation of injuries. Witnesses or anyone having pertinent information associated with the accident are instructed to contact the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7802 or Lt. Raymund Macksoud at (586) 493-7933.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi