Two die in one-car accident in Clinton Township
Published June 25, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Township police and fire officials are investigating a single-car accident that led to the death of an unidentified man and woman after midnight on June 25 on northbound Kelly road, south of South Nunneley Road.
Clinton Township police said an investigation indicates that the vehicle veered right off the road, hitting a utility pole and then striking a tree on the driver’s door. The car burst into flames and became engulfed in fire. Township firefighters extinguished the fire, but both occupants had suffered fatal injuries and had no vital signs.
The car is described as a blue 2004 Ford Explorer with khaki trim.
No other vehicles were believed to be involved, but the investigation was still open June 25 as authorities worked to identify the two decedents and investigate the reason for the crash. Township Fire Marshal Ron Young said they were still in the very early phases of investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the crash, or has information about the incident or identity of the occupants, are asked to contact Clinton Township Police Lt. Raymund Macksoud at (586) 493-7933 or the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7911.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights