SouthfieldJune 11, 2013
Thieves use stolen truck to break into gun store
By Jessica Strachan
C & G Staff Writer
SOUTHFIELD — Action Impact, a gun store and shooting range in the 25000 block of West Eight Mile Road, was broken into June 5.
Surveillance video shows two masked men using a stolen 2011 Ford Cutaway van from Henry Ford Health System to break down part of the store’s structure.
According to Lt. Nick Loussia, approximately 20 handguns and an unknown amount of ammunition was stolen during the incident.
“The (truck) was stolen from the 21000 block of Melrose in the city of Southfield,” he noted in the press release. “The thieves used the vehicle to ram the exterior wall of the building so that they could gain entry into the building.”
The video shows the truck backing into the store at least 10 times before successfully caving in the wall. The men spent approximately one minute inside, gathering items before fleeing in the truck.
The suspect vehicle has the Henry Ford Health System graphics on both sides and the Michigan license plate number is AB23040, according to authorities.
An investigation is ongoing, and anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
Action Impact is a gun range and gun store offering Michigan Carrying Concealed Weapons classes and a large selection of firearms, ammunition and firearms accessories.
Action Impact owner Bill Kucyk could not be reached for comment at press time. The voice answering system to the store says they will be closed for remodeling until June 17.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi