WARREN — Two Detroit men arrested during an alleged larceny in progress Dec. 4 reportedly showed up at the scene with a stolen minivan loaded with wheels from yet another theft, Warren police said.
According to Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, the suspects were taken into custody after a caller in the 27400 block of Santa Ana, near 11 Mile and Hoover, allegedly saw the men removing wheels from a neighbor’s 2009 Dodge Ram truck at about 4:48 a.m.
The witness told police the suspects arrived on Santa Ana in separate vehicles, including a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country minivan that police learned was stolen earlier from a home on nearby Penrose.
Mills said the minivan was used to haul wheels taken during another theft involving a Ford Escape in the 27800 block of Lorraine, south of Martin and east of Van Dyke.
The thieves reportedly used landscaping blocks from a neighbor’s yard on Lorraine to support the Escape while the wheels were taken.
Officers reportedly saw the men near the orange Ram with a lug wrench, when they responded to the call on Santa Ana. According to a police report, both suspects fled into the backyard of a home when they saw police approaching.
The wheels of the Escape were recovered inside the minivan at the scene of the attempted theft on Santa Ana.
“They (the suspects) were arrested after a brief foot chase,” Mills said.
The men were expected to be back in court Dec. 18 to face a list of changes, including larceny, receiving and concealing stolen property, resisting arrest, and assault.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township