WarrenDecember 10, 2012
Suspects arrested after string of related thefts Dec. 4
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Two Detroit men arrested during an alleged larceny in progress Dec. 4 reportedly showed up at the scene with a stolen minivan loaded with wheels from yet another theft, Warren police said.
According to Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, the suspects were taken into custody after a caller in the 27400 block of Santa Ana, near 11 Mile and Hoover, allegedly saw the men removing wheels from a neighbor’s 2009 Dodge Ram truck at about 4:48 a.m.
The witness told police the suspects arrived on Santa Ana in separate vehicles, including a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country minivan that police learned was stolen earlier from a home on nearby Penrose.
Mills said the minivan was used to haul wheels taken during another theft involving a Ford Escape in the 27800 block of Lorraine, south of Martin and east of Van Dyke.
The thieves reportedly used landscaping blocks from a neighbor’s yard on Lorraine to support the Escape while the wheels were taken.
Officers reportedly saw the men near the orange Ram with a lug wrench, when they responded to the call on Santa Ana. According to a police report, both suspects fled into the backyard of a home when they saw police approaching.
The wheels of the Escape were recovered inside the minivan at the scene of the attempted theft on Santa Ana.
“They (the suspects) were arrested after a brief foot chase,” Mills said.
The men were expected to be back in court Dec. 18 to face a list of changes, including larceny, receiving and concealing stolen property, resisting arrest, and assault.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi