Farmington HillsMay 20, 2013
Suspect sought for B&E spree in Farm. Hills
By Jessica Strachan
C & G Staff Writer
Police are searching for a suspect believed to have broken into several local businesses in Farmington Hills after hours May 14.
The Speedy Gas Station at 29372 Grand River and the Meadows Party Store at 21099 Farmington Road were both broken into, according to a press release issued by the Police Department.
The gas station was targeted at around 1:32 a.m., and the party store at 2:14 a.m. Thanks to the surveillance camera set up in the party store, authorities have suspect photos they are hoping lead them to an arrest for these crimes.
“We believe the suspect is responsible for both incidents,” Cmdr. Matt Koehn of the Farmington Hills Police Department said. “Because of the time frame and motive, it seems to be the same person.”
Since both establishments were closed during the reported crimes, Koehn noted, it has been a challenge to determine exactly what was stolen.
So far, several cartons of cigarettes appear to be missing from the gas station, and money and a bottle of liquor from the party store.
Entry was gained to both businesses by smashing the front windows and doors, Koehn added, and authorities have no reason to believe the man was armed.
Koehn explained that the cities of Farmington and Livonia also had similar breaking and entering incidents that morning, at the same kind of establishments, so the departments are working together.
“Since the crimes are of a similar nature, that’s very common that we would work together,” he added.
The wanted suspected is described as a stocky black man wearing blue jeans, a black shirt, a black jacket and black shoes/boots, according to the press release. His lower facial area is covered by a black mask in the images, but it is noted that he was wearing a diamond-stud type earring in his left ear.
Anyone with information on these crimes is asked to contact the Farmington Hills Police Department Command Desk at (248) 871-2610.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape