Suspect charged with felony assault in golf course stabbing
June 12, 2013
Glenn Steven Lott
OAKLAND TOWNSHIP — A 59-year-old township resident has been charged with felony assault in connection with a stabbing incident with a golf club at Westwynd Golf Course.
According to a police report, the suspect was playing golf with three friends at 1:09 p.m. June 6 at Westwynd, located near Adams and Silver Bell roads.
As the foursome left the course’s 12th hole, the suspect allegedly struck a 65-year-old West Bloomfield man, a member of the foursome, with a Callaway 5 iron, breaking the golf club over the man’s arm. The suspect then used the broken club to stab the man in the same arm, causing bleeding injuries, the report states.
The two remaining members of the foursome held the suspect down as the injured West Bloomfield man fled in a golf cart to safety, police said. The suspect broke loose and chased the victim in a second golf cart, screaming he was “going to get him,” the report states.
According to the report, the suspect saw there were numerous people at the golf course clubhouse and fled from the course in his car. Police arrived, and the West Bloomfield man was treated at a nearby urgent care facility, where he received multiple stitches for the stab wound.
Police located the suspect at his home in Oakland Township and found the broken golf club in the man’s golf bag.
According to the police report, the other two members of the foursome confirmed the victim’s version of the events, stating the suspect became enraged and attacked the West Bloomfield man without provocation after he was asked what he scored on the previous golf hole.
Glenn Steven Lott was arraigned before Judge Lisa Asadoorian at 52-3 District Court in Rochester Hills, appearing without an attorney, and was charged with felony assault. As a bond condition, Lott can have no contact with the victim and no contact with any golf course.
Lott will next appear before Judge Julie Nicholson 10:30 a.m. June 11 at 52-3 District Court in Rochester Hills.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods