Sketch of Farmington Hills assault suspect released
January 25, 2013
Police are still investigating an assault that reportedly left a 42-year-old resident unconscious after being clubbed with a pipe-like object at her condominium building earlier this month. Now the Farmington Hills Police Department has released a sketch of the suspect they are looking for.
At approximately 10:45 p.m. Jan. 16, a 42-year-old woman was struck with a weapon while she was inside the exterior entrance area of Village Green condominiums, at Eight Mile and Grand River, according to Farmington Hills police.
Cmdr. Matt Koehn said the woman was returning to her condo that night when she was hit in the head by a man who came up behind her. Many questions remain about the incident, though Koehn said they are working hard to put the pieces together.
“No weapon has been found yet, but we’ve been doing interviewing and quite a bit of followup,” he said.
That includes working with the Northville Police Department after a resident there suffered an assault the same day. It is still unclear if the two incidents are connected, he added.
The Farmington Hills resident was seriously injured during the attack, presumably knocked unconscious, Koehn said, and was transported to a local hospital. To protect the victim, who Koehn said is understandably still very frightened from the attack, they are not releasing any information other than the fact that she is steadily recovering.
The suspect is described as a black man, approximately 35 years old, between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet 2 inches tall. He reportedly has a medium build, and was wearing a beige jacket and blue jeans during the attack. The suspect vehicle has been described as a light-brown four-door Ford Taurus from the late ‘90s.
Koehn noted that no other assaults have been reported in the area since Jan. 16.
“We have not seen any similar crimes since, and we are watching for that,” he said.
Police need the public’s help in identifying possible suspects. Anyone who observed suspicious activity at Founders Sports Park or Green Hill apartments between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 16 or suspicious activity at the Village Green condominiums during the night hours of Jan. 16 is asked to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Farmington Hills Police Department Command Desk at (248) 871-2600.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Scrivo sentenced to life without parole - St. Clair Shores
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township