Sketch of Farmington Hills assault suspect released
January 25, 2013
Police are still investigating an assault that reportedly left a 42-year-old resident unconscious after being clubbed with a pipe-like object at her condominium building earlier this month. Now the Farmington Hills Police Department has released a sketch of the suspect they are looking for.
At approximately 10:45 p.m. Jan. 16, a 42-year-old woman was struck with a weapon while she was inside the exterior entrance area of Village Green condominiums, at Eight Mile and Grand River, according to Farmington Hills police.
Cmdr. Matt Koehn said the woman was returning to her condo that night when she was hit in the head by a man who came up behind her. Many questions remain about the incident, though Koehn said they are working hard to put the pieces together.
“No weapon has been found yet, but we’ve been doing interviewing and quite a bit of followup,” he said.
That includes working with the Northville Police Department after a resident there suffered an assault the same day. It is still unclear if the two incidents are connected, he added.
The Farmington Hills resident was seriously injured during the attack, presumably knocked unconscious, Koehn said, and was transported to a local hospital. To protect the victim, who Koehn said is understandably still very frightened from the attack, they are not releasing any information other than the fact that she is steadily recovering.
The suspect is described as a black man, approximately 35 years old, between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet 2 inches tall. He reportedly has a medium build, and was wearing a beige jacket and blue jeans during the attack. The suspect vehicle has been described as a light-brown four-door Ford Taurus from the late ‘90s.
Koehn noted that no other assaults have been reported in the area since Jan. 16.
“We have not seen any similar crimes since, and we are watching for that,” he said.
Police need the public’s help in identifying possible suspects. Anyone who observed suspicious activity at Founders Sports Park or Green Hill apartments between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 16 or suspicious activity at the Village Green condominiums during the night hours of Jan. 16 is asked to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Farmington Hills Police Department Command Desk at (248) 871-2600.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores