Shooting leaves victim critically wounded
Published February 26, 2013
Shelby Township Police Chief Roland Woelkers said details were still limited because of an ongoing investigation, but one woman remains in critical condition following a Feb. 25 shooting.
The shooting occurred at roughly 7 a.m. in an apartment complex near 25 Mile and Mound roads. Woelkers said he could not give any specifics on suspects or the victim, but he confirmed that the victim was still in critical condition as of Feb. 26 and being treated at a nearby hospital.
“It’s still an ongoing investigation, so we really aren’t saying a whole lot right now,” Woelkers said. “We’re still conducting some interviews.”
Woelkers said the complex is near Eisenhower High School, but the shooting posed no danger to the students or staff.
“There was no lockdown of Eisenhower, and there didn’t need to be,” Woelkers said. “(The apartment is) right across from the school, but there was no active shooter when we arrived.
“The shooting was already very old, and there was not a recent discharge of the firearm anywhere near the school.”
Woelkers said he hopes to be able to divulge more information on the circumstances of the shooting once his officers finish their investigation.
“We were telling people that there was going to be a press release, but (the investigation) is taking a little longer than we expected,” Woelkers said. “We’ll have more information out for the public as soon as it’s available.”
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights