Shelby Township Police Chief Roland Woelkers said details were still limited because of an ongoing investigation, but one woman remains in critical condition following a Feb. 25 shooting.
The shooting occurred at roughly 7 a.m. in an apartment complex near 25 Mile and Mound roads. Woelkers said he could not give any specifics on suspects or the victim, but he confirmed that the victim was still in critical condition as of Feb. 26 and being treated at a nearby hospital.
“It’s still an ongoing investigation, so we really aren’t saying a whole lot right now,” Woelkers said. “We’re still conducting some interviews.”
Woelkers said the complex is near Eisenhower High School, but the shooting posed no danger to the students or staff.
“There was no lockdown of Eisenhower, and there didn’t need to be,” Woelkers said. “(The apartment is) right across from the school, but there was no active shooter when we arrived.
“The shooting was already very old, and there was not a recent discharge of the firearm anywhere near the school.”
Woelkers said he hopes to be able to divulge more information on the circumstances of the shooting once his officers finish their investigation.
“We were telling people that there was going to be a press release, but (the investigation) is taking a little longer than we expected,” Woelkers said. “We’ll have more information out for the public as soon as it’s available.”
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township