St. Clair Shores
Sex offender in custody on attempted kidnapping charges
June 13, 2013
A 31-year-old St. Clair Shores man is in police custody on charges of kidnapping after allegedly grabbing a 10-year-old girl off her bike June 9.
Detective Gordon Carrier said the girl reported that a man was hiding behind a tree in front of a house in the 23000 block of Joy between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. as she rode by on her bike.
“He dragged her off her bike. She began screaming, he slapped her in the face, she continued screaming and then he let her go and took off running northbound to New York Street,” Carrier said.
Through investigation, police were able to develop a suspect that matched the description given by the girl and, when they spoke with him, found inconsistencies in his story. After a warrant was authorized by the Macomb County Prosecuting Attorney’s office, 31-year-old Gaetano John Biondo was arraigned in front of Judge Joseph Oster of the 40th District Court June 12 on charges of kidnapping, a life felony. He received no bond.
Biondo is listed on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry for a 2005 conviction of using a computer to commit a crime. He will be back in court June 25 at 9 a.m. for a preliminary examination.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores