SOUTHFIELD — After more than five weeks without contact with his family, the passing of two holidays and more than a month listed as a missing/endangered person, 75-year-old Sheldon Myron Leider has still not been located, according to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department.
The department issued a call to the public for assistance in locating the man last month, but at press time, Loussia said, no new information had come in.
According to Loussia, Leider’s vehicle was found unoccupied in Sterling Heights Oct. 25, with no sign of Leider and no evidence of a crime in or around the vehicle.
The last time a family member spoke to Leider was that same day, and the family member told authorities that Leider sounded strange. The family member feared that Leider, who suffers from schizophrenia, was not taking his medication.
Officers conducted a welfare check at Leider’s residence at Highland Towers, the senior living complex in the area of 11 Mile and Greenfield roads, and did not find evidence of a crime, Loussia said. He was entered into the Law Enforcement Information Network Oct. 31.
Leider is a white man described as 5 feet 8 inches tall, 155 pounds, with hazel eyes, gray hair and possibly gray facial hair. He is known to frequent the area of 10 Mile and Greenfield, according to authorities, and police caution that if Leider is off of his prescribed medication, he could seem disoriented.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Scrivo sentenced to life without parole - St. Clair Shores
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township