FARMINGTON HILLS — Listen up, kiddies — and young’uns at heart — it’s time to saddle up and ride ponies, pet farm animals, play carnival games and eat until you pop.
During this year’s ninth annual Family Fun Fest Carnival, Aug. 14-17 at Founders Sports Park, 35500 W. Eight Mile Road, attendees may enjoy a variety of free entertainment performances on the carnival stage, along with events held each day.
“It a great opportunity to bring family out to something different,” Special Services Deputy Director Bryan Farmer said. “It happens once a year. Everyone wants to take kids to a carnival with rides, and every kid should go to a carnival at least every year.”
Farmer said the carnival is a “great opportunity” to get out and enjoy this type of staycation.
Some festival incentives include free admission and parking. Carnival ride tickets cost $1 each, or an all-day wristband for unlimited rides costs $18. Discount coupons for the wristbands — for $14 on Thursday and Friday, and $16 on Saturday and Sunday — are available at more than 300 merchants in Farmington Hills and at the Costick Center, 28600 11 Mile Road.
Farmer added that although the carnival focuses on younger children and teenagers, it is for all ages.
“(You) see the cool kind of rides that are out there,” Farmer said. “It is a cool atmosphere to be at. Everyone likes the carnival.”
Brian Sprague, president and CEO of Farmington Hills-based Metrogroup Promotions Inc., who contracts with the city to provide entertainment at the carnival for the past nine years, said carnival companies are selected based on safety and other factors.
“We are an event-planning company ... but we select clean, safe, well-known family-run carnivals where they have a vested interest in how good their show is and the quality of their equipment,” Sprague said. “We are very selective about ride companies that we work with. We have a good working relationship with Farmington Hills.”
Carnival hours are 5-11 p.m. Aug. 14-15, noon-11 p.m. Aug. 16 and noon-9 p.m. Aug. 17.
For more information, call the Farmington Hills Family Fun Fest Carnival hotline at (248) 755-0433.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township