FARMINGTON HILLS — Listen up, kiddies — and young’uns at heart — it’s time to saddle up and ride ponies, pet farm animals, play carnival games and eat until you pop.
During this year’s ninth annual Family Fun Fest Carnival, Aug. 14-17 at Founders Sports Park, 35500 W. Eight Mile Road, attendees may enjoy a variety of free entertainment performances on the carnival stage, along with events held each day.
“It a great opportunity to bring family out to something different,” Special Services Deputy Director Bryan Farmer said. “It happens once a year. Everyone wants to take kids to a carnival with rides, and every kid should go to a carnival at least every year.”
Farmer said the carnival is a “great opportunity” to get out and enjoy this type of staycation.
Some festival incentives include free admission and parking. Carnival ride tickets cost $1 each, or an all-day wristband for unlimited rides costs $18. Discount coupons for the wristbands — for $14 on Thursday and Friday, and $16 on Saturday and Sunday — are available at more than 300 merchants in Farmington Hills and at the Costick Center, 28600 11 Mile Road.
Farmer added that although the carnival focuses on younger children and teenagers, it is for all ages.
“(You) see the cool kind of rides that are out there,” Farmer said. “It is a cool atmosphere to be at. Everyone likes the carnival.”
Brian Sprague, president and CEO of Farmington Hills-based Metrogroup Promotions Inc., who contracts with the city to provide entertainment at the carnival for the past nine years, said carnival companies are selected based on safety and other factors.
“We are an event-planning company ... but we select clean, safe, well-known family-run carnivals where they have a vested interest in how good their show is and the quality of their equipment,” Sprague said. “We are very selective about ride companies that we work with. We have a good working relationship with Farmington Hills.”
Carnival hours are 5-11 p.m. Aug. 14-15, noon-11 p.m. Aug. 16 and noon-9 p.m. Aug. 17.
For more information, call the Farmington Hills Family Fun Fest Carnival hotline at (248) 755-0433.
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- From sanitarium to state park - Metro Detroit
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Students, parents get charged up for iPads - Troy
- Planners postpone mosque approval request - Sterling Heights
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit