RosevilleAugust 12, 2013
Roseville police search for missing senior
By Maria Allard
C & G Staff Writer
Roseville police detectives are investigating an incident of a missing senior citizen who may be at risk due to health issues.
Officers were called to the 27000 block of Demrick at 10 p.m. Aug. 11 for a report that 85-year-old Roseville resident Violet Asaro had not returned home from a walk.
Police determined Asaro was last seen walking toward Gratiot Avenue. She was not located after a search of the area, and according to police, the Roseville K-9 performed a track that lead to a bus stop on Gratiot Avenue.
Roseville detectives are investigating the possibility that Asaro boarded a bus and may be heading to her prior residence in Detroit or to friends in the area. According to police, she is possibly suffering from dementia.
Asaro is described as 5 feet 5 inches in height with a very thin build. She has short, sandy brown hair and hazel eyes. According to police, she was wearing a black hair net, an orange sweater/hoodie coat, black pants, pink beach-type shoes and she carried a black purse. Asaro formerly lived at 2520 Central in Detroit near the Dix and W. Vernor area.
Anyone with any information on Asaro is asked to call (586) 775-2100.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Voters approve human rights ordinance - Royal Oak
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape