Roseville man charged in connection with fatal crash
April 23, 2014
ROCHESTER HILLS — According to a police report, a Roseville man has been charged with two felonies in connection with the traffic death of a 20-year-old Troy woman last fall in Rochester Hills.
A six-car crash occurred Oct. 23 on Rochester Road, north of Hamlin Road. Troy resident Hailey Marie Brouillet, who was driving a 2005 Saturn L300, was pronounced dead Oct. 28 as a result of crash injuries.
During the multicar crash, one car rolled over, and the drivers of two of the cars — a Volkswagen Jetta and a Chrysler Pacifica — were injured and hospitalized. The crash shut down Rochester Road, and the Rochester Road and Hamlin Road intersection, for several hours.
The crash began when the Volkswagen Jetta rear-ended the Saturn driven by Brouillet on southbound Rochester Road in front of Bordine’s Nursery, police said. The Saturn was pushed into a Chrysler Pacifica, which was subsequently pushed into a Dodge Durango.
After the Volkswagen struck the Saturn, the Volkswagen continued southbound on Rochester Road and rear-ended a Mazda 6, which was pushed into a Ford Freestyle, which was pushed into a Lexus.
The driver of the Volkswagen, Stephen Frank Fischer, a 65-year-old Roseville resident, turned himself in April 15 to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Crash Reconstruction Unit, the police report states.
Appearing before Magistrate Marie Soma the same day at the 52-3 District Court in Rochester Hills without an attorney, Fischer was arraigned and charged with two felonies — reckless driving causing death and reckless driving causing serious impairment of a body function.
Reckless driving causing death may result in up to 15 years in prison. Reckless driving causing serious impairment of a body function may result in up to five years in prison.
Fischer was released on $50,000 personal bond, with no driving as a condition of his bond.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township