RochesterJuly 8, 2013
Rochester police search for man missing since July 5
By Mary Beth Almond
C & G Staff Writer
George Vanderweit has been missing since July 5.
Police are looking for a 70-year-old man who was recently discharged from a mental health facility and is considered to be a danger to himself.
George Vanderweit — who had no wallet, cellphone or identification with him — was last seen around 9:20 a.m. July 5 in the area of Runyon and Dequindre roads in Rochester.
Despite conducting various searches in the area starting Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday in the afternoon and evening, Rochester Police Chief Steve Schettenhelm said, Vanderweit was still missing as of July 8.
Police describe Vanderweit as a 5-foot, 9-inch tall white man who weighs about 178 pounds. He was last seen wearing olive green shorts and a red shirt with “bargains” written on it, and might be riding an older green bicycle, according to police.
Anyone who may have seen Vanderweit is asked to call Rochester Police at (248) 651-9621.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing Southfield man found dead in Sterling Heights field - Sterling Heights
- Police continue to investigate woman’s death - Warren
- Feds take over bank robbery cases - Roseville
- Project Blue Light honors fallen officers - Hazel Park
- Supporting the rescues that save lives - Metro Detroit
- Bishop Foley gets into the spirit with ‘12 Days of Giving’ - Madison Heights
- Café concert to benefit local animal rescue - Madison Heights
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Community gets ready for 38th annual Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade Nov. 29 - Grosse Pointe City
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time