St. Clair Shores
Questions surround death of pair in St. Clair Shores
Published January 17, 2013
St. Clair Shores Police are investigating the deaths of two people found in a house on Jane Street.
Officers were called to the home in the 28000 block of Jane around 12:30 p.m. Jan. 15 to check on the welfare of a resident. When they arrived, officers saw two unresponsive people through the window of the home. They immediately forced entry into the house and found the woman who lived there, and a man, on the floor of the living room, according to a prepared statement from Detective Dennis Kozikowski.
Emergency medical services units were called to the scene and confirmed that both the woman, who was in her 30s, and the man, who was in his 20s, were dead.
An autopsy has been completed by the Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office, but police are still awaiting toxicology test results, which could take 6-10 weeks to be returned.
“Due to the ongoing investigation, no other information is available at this time,” Kozikowski said in the statement.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township