WarrenDecember 20, 2012
Police seek tips after dollar store robbery
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Police are hoping the image of a suspect captured on security video will lead to an arrest after a morning robbery at a dollar store on 13 Mile just east of Schoenherr Dec. 15.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, a male suspect wearing black gloves and a gray hooded sweatshirt with a zipper and blue “Nike” lettering entered Dollar General, 30780 Schoenherr, at about 9 a.m. and approached a clerk to announce a robbery.
“The clerk was standing in the center aisle in the middle of the store. He grabbed her by the shoulder, put a hard object she believed to be a gun in her back,” Mills said. “He started walking her toward the office, told her to open the safe.”
Mills said the woman removed a cash drawer and placed it on a desk, and that the suspect allegedly took an undisclosed amount of money.
The man then allegedly ordered the woman to go into a restroom as he fled the store.
The employee reportedly offered no further description of the suspect. Police are reviewing security-video footage, and the investigation remained ongoing as of Dec. 18.
No suspect vehicle was seen, and it was unknown how the man arrived at the store.
Anyone with information about the robbery can reach Detective Cpl. Nearing, the officer in charge of the investigation, at (586) 574-4817.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi