Someone fired a trio of gunshots at a scout car driven by a police sergeant patrolling the area of Kelly and Washtenaw just before 2 a.m. Jan. 1.
Harper Woods police are still investigating and looking for whoever fired the shots. At the time of the incident, the sergeant was able to take cover and call for backup.
During the initial part of the investigation, police found the spent rounds in the area.
They are asking anyone with information to call the department at (313) 343-2530 or Crime Stoppers at (800) SPEAK-UP.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville