Rochester HillsJune 18, 2013
Police seek sexual assault suspect
By Linda Shepard
C & G Staff Writer
ROCHESTER HILLS — Police officials are looking for a man who broke into a local apartment and forced a woman to perform a sex act.
According to a police report, the man broke into an apartment at 1:18 a.m. June 13 in the 100 block of Woodview Court, in the Woodside Apartment Complex, near Rochester and Auburn roads.
The woman told police she was sleeping on her sofa when she woke to find a man standing over her. The man forced the woman to perform a sex act and then said, “Please do not call the police,” the report states.
The man left the area on foot and is believed to have entered and left the apartment through a sliding glass door.
Police arrived with a K-9 unit and tracked the suspect for approximately 100 yards before the dog lost the scent.
Two previously reported suspicious person complaints within the last two months may be connected to the suspect. Woodside Apartment Complex residents reported a suspicious person walking around the area on two separate occasions. In both incidents, the suspect left the area before police arrived.
A Michigan State Police sketch artist completed a composite of the suspect, who is described as a black man with a medium to dark complexion, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, and approximately 40 years old. The suspect may be facing home invasion and criminal sexual conduct charges, the report states.
Those with information are asked to call the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office dispatch at (248) 858-4911 or Crimestoppers at (800) SPEAKUP.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- BBAC Holiday Shop offers unique giftware - Birmingham
- Former Berkley mayor offers to repair clock she donated to city - Berkley
- Helping Hands for Hunger food drive helps Norup students - Oak Park
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi