Police seek attempted armed robber
By Julie Snyder
May 1, 2014
» click to enlarge «
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the April 29 attempted armed robbery at the Speedway Gas Station located on Jefferson in Harrison Township.
According to a sheriff’s report, the white male suspect entered the busy gas station at approximately 6:42 p.m. The man produced what appeared to be a small caliber handgun and pointed it at the male clerk, demanding that he give him all the money in the cash drawer.
The clerk refused to give the suspect money, and the suspect left the store and entered a small, dark-colored SUV, possibly a Dodge Journey. The vehicle left southbound on Jefferson.
The man is described as in his 20’s, approximately 6 feet 3 with a thin build. He had short, dark hair.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office, Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358 or (586) 307-9412.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville