TroyJuly 30, 2012
Police search for missing Troy man last seen on bicycle
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
Troy police are asking anyone with information on the habits or bike routes of a missing Troy man to call them.
Patrick Joseph Mikes, 55, an avid bicyclist, was last seen by his sons, ages 16 and 21, leaving his home in the 2000 block of Homewood, in the Long Lake and Adams area, on his bicycle at 5:30 p.m. July 27. His sons called police the morning of July 29.
“Evidence indicates that an assault took place in the home,” Troy Police Capt. Bob Redmond said. At press time, police had one person in custody, but that person had not been charged. Police are investigating to determine if the assault is related to Mikes’ disappearance.
“It would be premature to indicate we are focusing on one person,” Redmond said.
Mikes left the home on a black and red Cannondale Super 6 bicycle, which Redmond said is very expensive. He added that Mikes was known to ride 50 to 60 miles on the weekends.
Mikes is described as 6 feet tall and 170 pounds, with short gray hair. He was wearing a yellow shirt and spandex shorts.
Police want anyone with information on Mikes’ biking routes or general routines who may have seen him riding his bike or knows why anyone would want to harm him to call them at (248) 524-3477.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Business owner slain outside restaurant - Harper Woods
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Christmas Bird Count draws near - Macomb County
- Former Berkley mayor offers to repair clock she donated to city - Berkley
- Helping Hands for Hunger food drive helps Norup students - Oak Park
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi