Farmington HillsAugust 13, 2012
Police search for home invasion suspect
By David Wallace
C & G Staff Writer
Police caught one suspect and are looking for a second following a home invasion near 10 Mile and Orchard Lake roads at 2 p.m. Aug. 13.
Police said two subjects, one armed with a handgun, approached a woman in her garage. She ran into her home and called 911, and the two subjects left the scene.
Police spotted two suspects walking along Orchard Lake Road. The suspects fled into the subdivision on the east side of Orchard Lake Road, south of 10 Mile, and Farmington Hills officers, Farmington public safety officers and an Oakland County Sheriff’s Office searched for the suspects.
Farmington Hills police said officers spied one of the suspects running through the neighborhood on Springbrook, and they arrested the suspect after a foot chase. Police said they also found a bag and handgun that they suspect are from the home invasion.
Police said shortly before 4 p.m. that the search was on for the second suspect and that officers were in the area. Police described the second suspect as a black man in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with a medium build. Police said the suspect wore a black T-shirt and black pants.
Anyone who sees the suspect should dial 911. Anyone with other information should call Farmington Hills police at (248) 871-2610.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi