Police respond to sounds of gunshots near border
Published December 14, 2012
HARPER WOODS — Officers arrived on Kelly Road within seconds of hearing shots fired in the area shortly before 8:30 a.m. this morning.
“Two officers in the area heard the shots and arrived on scene within seconds,” Police Lt. Robert Hunter stated in a Nixle.com release. “Investigation revealed that the incident occurred on the Detroit side of Kelly Road near Tacoma."
Witnesses in the area at the time told police that shots were fired from a red Ford Taurus or possibly Mustang while it was heading south from Moross and Kelly, police stated.
Harper Woods Police reported that Detroit officers were in the area investigating.
While police didn’t find anyone who had been injured in the incident, they didn’t have anymore information on the incident.
Harper Woods Police asked anyone who has information to call Detroit Police at (313) 596-5900.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township