TroyJuly 17, 2012
Police officer sustains minor injuries in rollover crash
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
A Troy police officer was treated and released from Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, after his squad car flipped over on Maple Road as he assisted Birmingham police in a chase of a motorcyclist just after 10:30 p.m. July 9.
Troy Police Lt. Bob Redmond said the officer was travelling eastbound on Maple Road, near Thunderbird, in pursuit of the motorcyclist as requested by the Birmingham police when a car turned left in front of him onto a side street in Clawson.
“The officer took evasive action to avoid a head-on collision and hit a curb, flipped the car and landed on the roof,” Redmond said.
The officer was transported from the scene to the hospital, treated and released, and will undergo an MRI to rule out further injury, Redmond said.
Birmingham police caught the motorcyclist on Thunderbird, Redmond said. The motorist who made the left hand turn in front of the officer was not cited, Redmond said.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi