Police investigate sexual assault of juvenile
Published August 28, 2014
Police are investigating a sexual assault against a young girl that involved at least one male juvenile.
The incident took place during the afternoon Aug. 27 in the 18700 block of Elkhart.
“Harper Woods Public Safety officers responded to the area on a report that a female juvenile had been forcibly sexually assaulted by at least one male juvenile in a residence near her home,” Public Safety Director James Burke said in a news release. “Detectives located the suspect believed involved in the assault and he will be turned over to Wayne County juvenile authorities this evening.”
The suspect also is a Harper Woods resident, according to police information.
“The victim has been transported to a local hospital,” Burke said in the release. “We have detained two other Harper Woods male juveniles and are attempting to determine if they were also involved in the incident.”
Anyone with information on this incident should call the Public Safety Department at (313) 343-2530.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights