Police are investigating a sexual assault against a young girl that involved at least one male juvenile.
The incident took place during the afternoon Aug. 27 in the 18700 block of Elkhart.
“Harper Woods Public Safety officers responded to the area on a report that a female juvenile had been forcibly sexually assaulted by at least one male juvenile in a residence near her home,” Public Safety Director James Burke said in a news release. “Detectives located the suspect believed involved in the assault and he will be turned over to Wayne County juvenile authorities this evening.”
The suspect also is a Harper Woods resident, according to police information.
“The victim has been transported to a local hospital,” Burke said in the release. “We have detained two other Harper Woods male juveniles and are attempting to determine if they were also involved in the incident.”
Anyone with information on this incident should call the Public Safety Department at (313) 343-2530.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville