SouthfieldNovember 5, 2012
Police investigate attempted murder in apartment complex
By Jessica Strachan
C & G Staff Writer
Southfield officials are investigating a possible attempted murder that occurred early Nov. 5 in an apartment complex.
Lt. Nick Loussia said that officers responded to a 911 call referencing yelling and a witness hearing a gunshot at around 1:10 a.m. in an apartment complex located in the 28000 block of Franklin Road.
According to the report, a 21-year-old female was returning to her home, where she lived with her sister. She told officers that when she arrived home, her sister, who was accompanied by two male friends, would not let her into the home.
One of the two subjects in the apartment came to the door, reached in his waistband and pulled out a gun, pointing it at the victim, Loussia said.
“The victim took off running and while she was running, she heard a shot fired,” Loussia explained. “She ended up leaving the complex, called her mother and they both returned to the apartment. That’s when the two subjects fled.”
Loussia said that when officers arrived, they saw the two suspects — both 20-year-old men from Detroit — near the apartment. When the victim motioned officers in the direction of the suspects, they both fled, according to the report.
Officers pursued the two suspects on foot and were able to catch up with them, detaining them for investigation, Loussia said.
A handgun was recovered near the scene, though many questions still remain about the dispute between the sisters and the two suspects’ involvement with the family. The victim reported that she did not know the two suspects who were in her home, he added.
“I’m guessing we haven’t been told the whole story,” Loussia explained.
No one was injured and both suspects were arrested; one being the suspected shooter and the other charged with possession of marijuana, according to Loussia. The case is scheduled to be presented to the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office later Nov. 5.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape