WarrenApril 9, 2013
Police: Eastpointe man shot in leg during dispute
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN – A 23-year-old Warren man has been charged with felony assault for allegedly shooting an acquaintance in the leg during an altercation in the 8000 block of Orchard.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Vincent Robert Williams was arraigned in the 37th District Court before Judge Dean Ausilio April 8 on a single count of assault with a dangerous weapon, a four-year felony.
Police were notified after a 23-year-old Eastpointe man was reportedly shot once in the lower leg with a .22-caliber rifle at about 2 a.m. April 6. The victim was taken to the hospital where he was later listed in stable condition.
Mills said the shooting was the end result of an argument between the victim and a third acquainted individual that began earlier at a neighborhood gas station.
“The victim was involved in an altercation with someone else at a gas station. The victim went over the suspect’s house and challenged him to another fight,” Mills said. “He came out, one round was fired and he was shot in the leg.”
Police responded to the hospital and later went back to the home on Orchard, near Toepfer and Van Dyke, where Williams was arrested.
The judge set bail for Williams at $10,000 cash or surety. He requested court-appointed legal counsel and was scheduled to appear for a probable cause hearing at 8:45 a.m. April. 16.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Business owner slain outside restaurant - Harper Woods
- City purse snatcher still at large - Grosse Pointe City
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Helping Hands for Hunger food drive helps Norup students - Oak Park
- Former Berkley mayor offers to repair clock she donated to city - Berkley
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi