TroyAugust 7, 2012
Police arrest registered sex offender who exposed himself in store
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
A registered sex offender faces felony charges after a store security officer told police the man lowered his pants in the young girls department at the Old Navy at 1221 Coolidge and fondled himself while watching a young girl Aug. 3.
According to police, Aaron Frederick William Lingeman, 33, from Detroit, who is registered as a sex offender, walked around the store with a camera, then stood behind a display in the girl’s department and watched the young girl while he fondled himself.
Police arrived at the store and escorted the suspect out. According to reports, Lingeman initially gave police a fake name, which police discovered through a fingerprint scanner at the scene. When officers placed Lingeman under arrest, he reportedly tried to flee. Police handcuffed him after a brief struggle and placed him in the rear of a squad car. On the way to Troy Police Headquarters, Lingeman reportedly went wild and kicked out both rear door windows.
Additional officers arrived to assist, and police placed Lingeman in leg irons and belly chains, and transported him to lockup in a prisoner van, according to reports.
Police found young girls underwear, several cellphones and a camera that contained photos of young girls in Lingeman’s car. Officers also found a toolbox in the trunk of the car that contained more items of young girls underwear, makeup and wigs.
He was arraigned Aug. 4 on felony charges of indecent exposure by sexually delinquent person, malicious destruction of police property, and resisting and obstructing a police officer. Bond was set at $50,000, cash surety.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi