Officers investigate strange shooting outside Myst Ultra Club
January 30, 2013
SOUTHFIELD — Officers are investigating what led to a 21-year-old Detroit man being shot in the leg after leaving a club this weekend.
According to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department, the victim was leaving Myst Ultra Lounge, on Franklin Road, at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 27 when he was mysteriously shot in the leg.
Police were dispatched to Providence Hospital, and the victim told them that he and his friends and relatives had been walking south on Franklin Road at the end of the night, when they observed a black Dodge Charger following them.
The victim noted that, right after noticing the car, gunshots were heard, and then he took a bullet to the leg. The victim said he believes the shots came from the car, though there were no other witnesses on hand to interview at the hospital, according to Loussia.
“He advised our officers that he did not have any altercations at the club with anyone that night. Per Providence Hospital, he was dropped off at the emergency room, and whoever was driving left him there alone,” he said.
No one else was reported injured, and officers did recover several shell casings in the area, Loussia added.
This is not the first time that Southfield police have responded to such mysterious attacks in the area. Just last month, two separate victims were taken to Providence Hospital for similar injuries.
Just before 2 a.m. Dec. 1, police received several calls about a fight in progress outside the club.
Officers arrived and immediately located an injured individual bleeding form his head, according to reports. The 40-year-old man advised officers that he didn’t know who or what was used to hit him in the head, and he had to be transported to the hospital for medical treatment.
While at the hospital that same night, officers reported, a 38-year-old Detroit man was dropped off and had been assaulted in the same manner as the other victim, though he couldn’t recall what had happened, either.
Loussia said officers will continue to investigate the recent incident for any leads. Anyone with information about these crimes should call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores