A neighbor in the 22000 block of East 10 Mile Road called police just before 6 a.m. Nov. 21 and, because of that call, police were able to catch a home invasion suspect in the act.
According to Detective Margaret Eidt, the neighbor told police that he had just watched his neighbor leave the home, when he saw someone else walk up to the back of the house. After that, he said, a light went on in the second story of the home.
“Upon police arrival, officer Brock Bowen took a position at the rear of the house and could see the suspect inside the house carrying what appeared to be a comforter with articles inside,” Eidt said. “Upon the suspect exiting the residence, police ordered him to the ground. He refused to comply, and he was Tasered (and) subsequently taken into custody.”
She said 48-year-old Robert Allan Edison, of St. Clair Shores, was charged with second-degree home invasion, a 15-year felony; possession of burglar’s tools, a 10-year felony; and resisting and obstructing police, a two-year felony. He was arraigned Nov. 26 in front of Judge Joseph Oster of the 40th District Court, and bond was set at $100,000 cash or surety. He was still in custody as of Nov. 29.
Eidt said Edison allegedly took prescription drugs, miscellaneous change and jewelry from the home. She said that they don’t believe he is connected to any other home invasions in the city, but he was released from prison earlier this year after serving 25 years for convictions for home invasion and receiving and concealing stolen property.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township