The Southfield Police Department had received word of the guy before.
Every once in a while, a report would come in from residents about an elderly man who was spotting strolling through Inglenook Park, located on 12 Mile, between Evergreen and Lahser roads, stark naked, according to Lt. Nick Loussia.
“Officers received reports on several different occasions that there was an elderly, white male walking around naked,” Loussia said. “The reports came in over a period of time, and no other information than that description was given.”
At around 7:55 p.m. Oct. 13, the suspect was nabbed, and in his usual state, police said.
“One of our officers went on patrol there and observed an entirely nude male near the restroom area,” Loussia explained. “(The officer) just happened to go in there on patrol, based on previous reports, and when he pulled in there, it happened to be at the right time.”
The situation was investigated, and it was determined that the buff man, who had no personal belongings or identification on him, was a 66-year-old Southfield resident, and likely the same subject behind the prior reports of public nudity in that park.
Loussia added that they had no mental health information on the man and that he was arrested and charged with indecent exposure.
“He just liked to walk around the park naked,” he said.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights