SouthfieldOctober 14, 2013
Naked Inglenook Park stroller arrested
By Jessica Strachan
C & G Staff Writer
The Southfield Police Department had received word of the guy before.
Every once in a while, a report would come in from residents about an elderly man who was spotting strolling through Inglenook Park, located on 12 Mile, between Evergreen and Lahser roads, stark naked, according to Lt. Nick Loussia.
“Officers received reports on several different occasions that there was an elderly, white male walking around naked,” Loussia said. “The reports came in over a period of time, and no other information than that description was given.”
At around 7:55 p.m. Oct. 13, the suspect was nabbed, and in his usual state, police said.
“One of our officers went on patrol there and observed an entirely nude male near the restroom area,” Loussia explained. “(The officer) just happened to go in there on patrol, based on previous reports, and when he pulled in there, it happened to be at the right time.”
The situation was investigated, and it was determined that the buff man, who had no personal belongings or identification on him, was a 66-year-old Southfield resident, and likely the same subject behind the prior reports of public nudity in that park.
Loussia added that they had no mental health information on the man and that he was arrested and charged with indecent exposure.
“He just liked to walk around the park naked,” he said.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- BBAC Holiday Shop offers unique giftware - Birmingham
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Former Berkley mayor offers to repair clock she donated to city - Berkley
- Helping Hands for Hunger food drive helps Norup students - Oak Park
- Christmas Bird Count draws near - Macomb County
- FPS superintendent retires - Farmington
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi