Motorcyclist killed at 11 Mile and Groesbeck
July 23, 2014
WARREN — Police said a 24-year-old Warren man died of injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash at the intersection of Grosebeck and 11 Mile Road at 10:50 p.m. July 20.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Evan Urbaniak died at the hospital after the 1982 Yamaha motorcycle he was operating on westbound 11 Mile reportedly went through a red light and was struck by a black, 2012 Jeep traveling north on Groesbeck at about 10 p.m.
“We had independent witnesses,” Mills said. “There was no indication of any alcohol use. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor. A helmet was worn.”
Urbaniak was reportedly taken to a local hospital and transferred by air to another facility, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police said a 33-year-old Warren woman, riding as a passenger on the motorcycle, was also transported to the hospital for treatment and listed in stable condition. The driver of the Jeep was apparently unharmed.
Call Staff Writer Brian Louwers at (586) 498-1089
About the author
Staff Writer Brian Louwers covers the cities of Warren and Center Line. He has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998 and is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. In his free time, he participates in the Michigan State University Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program and conducts interviews with military veterans for the Veterans History Project at the Library of Congress.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights