WARREN — Police said a 24-year-old Warren man died of injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash at the intersection of Grosebeck and 11 Mile Road at 10:50 p.m. July 20.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Evan Urbaniak died at the hospital after the 1982 Yamaha motorcycle he was operating on westbound 11 Mile reportedly went through a red light and was struck by a black, 2012 Jeep traveling north on Groesbeck at about 10 p.m.
“We had independent witnesses,” Mills said. “There was no indication of any alcohol use. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor. A helmet was worn.”
Urbaniak was reportedly taken to a local hospital and transferred by air to another facility, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police said a 33-year-old Warren woman, riding as a passenger on the motorcycle, was also transported to the hospital for treatment and listed in stable condition. The driver of the Jeep was apparently unharmed.
Call Staff Writer Brian Louwers at (586) 498-1089
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Court pushes back exam dates for crash survivors - Romeo
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Experts weigh in on the proper use of roundabouts - Southfield
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit