Rochester HillsAugust 22, 2012
Motorcyclist dies in crash
By Linda Shepard
C & G Staff Writer
ROCHESTER HILLS — A 31-year-old man died from injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash Aug. 15.
According to a police report, Brian Michael Wesp died Aug. 16 in Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, after an accident at 2:45 p.m. the previous day on Walton Boulevard, near Baldwin Road, in Pontiac.
Wesp was driving his 2008 Harely-Davidson motorcycle eastbound on Walton Boulevard when he collided with a 2011 Chevy Maliby driven by a 55-year-old Pontiac woman.
According to the report, the Chevy was attempting to turn into the Pontiac Foodland shopping plaza from westbound Walton when the Chevy and the motorcycle struck a 2007 Chevy Silverado pickup truck waiting to exit the plaza. A 47-year-old Auburn Hills woman was driving the pickup truck.
Wesp, who was wearing a helmet at the time, was thrown from his motorcycle from the impact. He was treated at the scene for numberous fractures and head trauma and was transported to McLaren hospital in Pontiac. He was later airlifted to Beaumont Hospital.
The driver of the Chevy was treated for minor injuries at the scene of the crash, and the pickup truck driver was not inured. According to the report, alcohol does not appear to have been a factor in the crash.
JoAnne Goulette lives next door to Wesp’s parents in Rochester Hills. She said Wesp “always had a smile on his face and lived for his daughter, Jewel, who is 10.” Goulette said Wesp was a pilot and a former Eagle Scout, and “never hesitated to help anyone. What a tragedy.”
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Parks and Rec confirms ITC won’t work on trail until 2014 - West Bloomfield
- Two suspects on loose after robbing Comerica Bank - Clinton Township
- Special needs program receives $10,000 grant for iPads - Hazel Park
- Ferndale introduces 30-minute free parking zones around city - Ferndale
- Man charged for indecent exposure on Hall Road - Utica
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi