Missing Wixom man’s body believed to be found in woods, Detroit man arrested
September 20, 2013
The case of a missing Wixom man last seen in Southfield has now turned into a murder investigation after a body was found in a wooded area of the city, police say.
Leonard Bernard Graham, 24, was last seen Sept. 14 at a party held at an apartment complex in Southfield, according to Wixom police.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said Friday morning that the department was assisting Wixom authorities in the investigation when they found a body near the 27000 block of Franklin Road.
“Late last night, the Southfield Police Department assisted the Wixom Police Department with a missing person investigation. … Based on evidence at that location, investigators had reason to believe that a violent crime at been committed,” he said in an email Sept. 20. “Further investigation resulted in locating a deceased individual in a nearby wooded area. Based on the preliminary investigation, investigators believe that the deceased individual is the missing person from Wixom.”
A 20-year-old Detroit man has been arrested in connected to the suspected murder, he added, and police believe he and the victim were acquaintances.
A missing person report was filed at the Wixom Police Department after Graham was not heard from after Sept. 15, according to a Sept. 18 press release issued from the department. At that time, Wixom authorities were in possession of Graham’s white 2011 Chevrolet Impala and seeking the public’s help in gathering information on the whereabouts of Graham.
Loussia said he did not have information to release on whether the homicide scene was near the apartment complex where Graham was last seen.
The Michigan State Police and the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the investigation, and Loussia noted that the investigation is ongoing and more information will be released as it becomes available.
Anyone with information about the case should call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 764-5500. Anonymous tips can be reported to the Wixom Police Tip Line at (248) 624-0884.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville