Men escape unharmed after falling through ice on Lake St. Clair
March 4, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — Two men, and the four-wheeler they were riding on, plunged into Lake St. Clair March 3.
While the men emerged virtually unscathed, the recreational vehicle is likely a goner.
Harrison Township firefighter Bob Mlynarek confirmed that the incident occurred when the men fell through thin ice near Beacon Cove Marina at Jefferson and Crocker in Harrison Township at around 5 p.m.
The men, both from St. Clair County, were able to climb out of 8 feet of water, but needed assistance getting to shore.
Mlynarek said the men were pulled from the cracking ice to shore by members of the fire department, and the Macomb County Sheriff’s Marine Division and Michigan Marine Salvage in Harrison Township towed the four-wheeler from the lake.
One of the men was taken to McLaren Macomb medical center in Mount Clemens for observation relating to a preexisting hip condition, and the other man did not seek treatment.
The men’s ages were not immediately available. Check back for complete details about the incident.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township