Clinton TownshipSeptember 16, 2013
Man who robbed local 7-Eleven on Labor Day at large
By Nick Mordowanec
C & G Staff Writer
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — At press time, the Clinton Township Police Department was still looking for information pertaining to a suspect who robbed a 7-Eleven on Labor Day.
The man walked into the 7-Eleven located at 37335 Harper, near Metropolitan Parkway, just before 8 p.m. Sept. 2. He left the store because there was a flurry of customers inside.
He returned at 8:23 p.m. and went straight toward the register. He pulled out a knife from his rear left pocket and demanded money from the clerk. The clerk, a female, handed the suspect an undetermined amount of currency, and he then fled northbound once he exited the store.
The robber is a white male estimated to be between the ages of 25 and 30 years old, and his height is in a range between 5-foot-10-inches and 6 feet. He has a medium physical build and a thin beard. He was wearing a green polo shirt, a blue baseball cap, red gym shoes and blue jeans.
St. Clair Shores police believe the same man may have been responsible for an armed robbery, again using a knife, on Sept. 7 at a Shell gas station in St. Clair Shores.
If anyone has any information about the suspect, they can call Detective Bryan Gilbert at the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7845. Citizens can remain anonymous in the identification of the suspect.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi