ROSEVILLE — A suspect brandishing what appeared to be a can of mace robbed a Rite Aid in Roseville at 4:50 a.m. Jan. 28.
The suspect entered Rite Aid, located at the corner of Gratiot and Frazho, and picked out a tube of toothpaste before proceeding to the register, where he handed the cashier a note demanding money.
“The suspect told the clerk to give him the money from the register or ‘I will hurt you,’” said Deputy Chief Don Glandon of the Roseville Police Department. “The clerk placed an undetermined amount of cash into a shopping bag, and the suspect took the shopping bag and exited the store.”
The suspect was last seen turning right out of the exit and police believe he was heading north or east upon his exit. It is unknown if he arrived to the store on foot or by vehicle, as witnesses did not notice a car.
However, they were able to provide police with a description of the suspect, describing him as a bearded black man in his early 40s, approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall and 160 pounds, wearing a gray and black ski jacket with a black hood and a ZeroXposur logo on the right chest and left sleeve.
Police believe the suspect was involved in a similar incident that occurred in Warren the day before.
Employees at the store did not wish to comment on the incident. Rite Aid is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the suspect’s arrest and conviction. A message left with Rite Aid’s public relations department was not returned at press time.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Roseville Police Department Criminal Investigation Bureau at (586) 775-2100, ext. 8.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township