ROSEVILLE — A suspect brandishing what appeared to be a can of mace robbed a Rite Aid in Roseville at 4:50 a.m. Jan. 28.
The suspect entered Rite Aid, located at the corner of Gratiot and Frazho, and picked out a tube of toothpaste before proceeding to the register, where he handed the cashier a note demanding money.
“The suspect told the clerk to give him the money from the register or ‘I will hurt you,’” said Deputy Chief Don Glandon of the Roseville Police Department. “The clerk placed an undetermined amount of cash into a shopping bag, and the suspect took the shopping bag and exited the store.”
The suspect was last seen turning right out of the exit and police believe he was heading north or east upon his exit. It is unknown if he arrived to the store on foot or by vehicle, as witnesses did not notice a car.
However, they were able to provide police with a description of the suspect, describing him as a bearded black man in his early 40s, approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall and 160 pounds, wearing a gray and black ski jacket with a black hood and a ZeroXposur logo on the right chest and left sleeve.
Police believe the suspect was involved in a similar incident that occurred in Warren the day before.
Employees at the store did not wish to comment on the incident. Rite Aid is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the suspect’s arrest and conviction. A message left with Rite Aid’s public relations department was not returned at press time.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Roseville Police Department Criminal Investigation Bureau at (586) 775-2100, ext. 8.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Man arrested after Harrison Township home invasion - Harrison Township
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit