Police are searching for two men who robbed employees at gunpoint just after 4 a.m. Sept. 20 at the McDonald’s at 1200 Livernois.
According to police, two employees were locking the door to the restaurant when a man with a shotgun appeared and demanded they open the safe and put all of the money into a grocery bag he provided.
Police said the employees put cash and some change in the bag, and the man took the bag and ran out of the restaurant.
The suspect is described as a black man in his early 20s, 6 feet tall and 210 pounds. He was wearing a dark-blue hooded sweatshirt, sunglasses, leather gloves and dark pants, and covered his face with a blue bandana.
He and another man fled the area in a white 2010 Chevy Impala with a Michigan license plate, according to reports.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township