TroySeptember 26, 2012
Man with shotgun robs McDonald’s employees
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
Police are searching for two men who robbed employees at gunpoint just after 4 a.m. Sept. 20 at the McDonald’s at 1200 Livernois.
According to police, two employees were locking the door to the restaurant when a man with a shotgun appeared and demanded they open the safe and put all of the money into a grocery bag he provided.
Police said the employees put cash and some change in the bag, and the man took the bag and ran out of the restaurant.
The suspect is described as a black man in his early 20s, 6 feet tall and 210 pounds. He was wearing a dark-blue hooded sweatshirt, sunglasses, leather gloves and dark pants, and covered his face with a blue bandana.
He and another man fled the area in a white 2010 Chevy Impala with a Michigan license plate, according to reports.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi