RosevilleMarch 28, 2013
Man shot in his driveway
By Sara Kandel
C & G Staff Writer
A 33-year-old Roseville man is hospitalized after being shot in his driveway in the early morning March 28.
Police said the victim had gone outside to move his car out of his driveway around 6:10 a.m. Thursday morning when his wife, who was inside their home in the 26000 block of Lehner, heard a loud bang and looked outside to see her husband down on the driveway. She ran out to help him and discovered he had been shot.
Responding paramedics from the Roseville Fire Department discovered that the man had been shot once in the chest, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment. He has since been moved from critical condition to stable condition.
Due to the victim’s condition, he hasn’t been able to speak with police.
“We have no motives on why this shooting occurred,” said Roseville Police Chief James Berlin. “We don’t know if it was a robbery gone wrong, a random act or if this victim was targeted for another reason. We are investigating every avenue.”
Neighbors said they didn’t see anything and at press time there are no suspects in the incident.
“No witnesses have come forward, or we haven’t found any witnesses willing to talk,” Berlin said.
The investigation is in the preliminary stages and anyone with information is urged to contact the Roseville Police Department at (586) 447-4483.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Parks and Rec confirms ITC won’t work on trail until 2014 - West Bloomfield
- Two suspects on loose after robbing Comerica Bank - Clinton Township
- Special needs program receives $10,000 grant for iPads - Hazel Park
- Ferndale introduces 30-minute free parking zones around city - Ferndale
- Holiday Shopping Expo comes to town Dec. 14-15 - Farmington Hills
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi