SouthfieldAugust 6, 2012
Man shot in head expected to survive
By Jessica Strachan
C & G Staff Writer
A Southfield man who reportedly suffered a shot to the head by woman with a semi-automatic handgun has survived and is in stable condition at a local hospital.
The 29-year-old was reportedly shot in the forehead by his 23-year-old ex-girlfriend during the early hours of Aug. 1, Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said.
“He’s very fortunate to survive getting shot in the head. … I believe the entry was just above his eye, so he was really lucky,” Loussia said.
Southfield officers responded to a call at 6:40 a.m. Wednesday morning about a shooting in the 26000 block of Berg Road, being advised that a man had been shot near a car in a parking lot.
“The caller was his ex-girlfriend, who advised officers she was having a disagreement with the male and that he had a gun and somehow he had been shot,” Loussia explained. “Initially, we did not know if was self-inflicted or if the female fired the weapon.”
Officers conducted an investigation and arrested the Pontiac woman, Loussia said. Police confirmed that the gun was registered under the victim’s name, though the details of the altercation are still unclear.
The victim was treated on the scene before being transported to a local hospital in critical condition. Loussia said they were not sure if the bullet passed through the man’s skull or was lodged in his head.
As of Monday afternoon, Loussia said, the man was in stable condition and is expected to survive.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Parks and Rec confirms ITC won’t work on trail until 2014 - West Bloomfield
- Two suspects on loose after robbing Comerica Bank - Clinton Township
- Special needs program receives $10,000 grant for iPads - Hazel Park
- Ferndale introduces 30-minute free parking zones around city - Ferndale
- Man charged for indecent exposure on Hall Road - Utica
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi