St. Clair Shores Police are looking for two men who robbed an employee of a local business after he left the store for the night.
The 26-year-old employee was leaving Dollar Tree in the St. Clair Shores Shopping Plaza at 13 Mile Road and Harper Avenue around 10:21 p.m. Oct. 14 when two men approached him.
The man had just entered his vehicle when a light-skinned black male with short reddish-brown hair in his late teens to early 20s, about 6-feet tall and 160-180 pounds and armed with a dark-colored pistol, entered the vehicle and demanded his wallet, keys and phone.
While he was going through the victim’s pockets, another man — described as a black male around 5-foot 10-inches tall and 180 pounds wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt — entered the vehicle to help the first suspect.
The two suspects ran away afterward toward a vehicle waiting in the parking lot, then drove westbound on 13 Mile Road toward Little Mack Avenue. The vehicle was a gray or tan 1990s sedan with a different color front end or hood.
The man was not injured in the theft. St. Clair Shores Police worked with Michigan State Police to provide a composite sketch of the first suspect.
“Be aware of your surroundings,” said Detective Gordon Carrier. “Most likely, they thought he had a money drop, closing a business.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call police at (586) 445-5300. Crime Stoppers, at (800) SPEAK-UP, is also offering a reward for information.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores