St. Clair ShoresOctober 17, 2013
Man robbed in parking lot of Dollar Tree
By Kristyne E. Demske
C & G Staff Writer
St. Clair Shores Police are looking for two men who robbed an employee of a local business after he left the store for the night.
The 26-year-old employee was leaving Dollar Tree in the St. Clair Shores Shopping Plaza at 13 Mile Road and Harper Avenue around 10:21 p.m. Oct. 14 when two men approached him.
The man had just entered his vehicle when a light-skinned black male with short reddish-brown hair in his late teens to early 20s, about 6-feet tall and 160-180 pounds and armed with a dark-colored pistol, entered the vehicle and demanded his wallet, keys and phone.
While he was going through the victim’s pockets, another man — described as a black male around 5-foot 10-inches tall and 180 pounds wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt — entered the vehicle to help the first suspect.
The two suspects ran away afterward toward a vehicle waiting in the parking lot, then drove westbound on 13 Mile Road toward Little Mack Avenue. The vehicle was a gray or tan 1990s sedan with a different color front end or hood.
The man was not injured in the theft. St. Clair Shores Police worked with Michigan State Police to provide a composite sketch of the first suspect.
“Be aware of your surroundings,” said Detective Gordon Carrier. “Most likely, they thought he had a money drop, closing a business.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call police at (586) 445-5300. Crime Stoppers, at (800) SPEAK-UP, is also offering a reward for information.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Business owner slain outside restaurant - Harper Woods
- Christmas Bird Count draws near - Macomb County
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- FPS superintendent retires - Farmington
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi