Man originally suspected in double homicide released
Published November 4, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — The man initially suspected to be involved in the double murder of a mother and her child has been released from custody.
Jay T. Miller, 29, was sentenced to one year of probation and 91 days in jail, which he’s already served, on charges of lying to police and assaulting police during the investigation surrounding the July stabbing deaths of Tina Geiger, 47, and her daughter, Kristina, 11.
The Geigers were found dead in their apartment near Metropolitan Parkway and Harper in Clinton Township on July 30. The bodies of the mother and daughter, both reportedly mentally challenged, were discovered in their apartment by a security guard.
Miller, who was never charged for their deaths, was released on Oct. 29 from Macomb County Jail.
As to who is responsible for the deaths of Tina and Kristina, the case is still wide open.
“We still have an open investigation,” Clinton Township Captain Richard Maierle said. “At this point, we haven’t ruled (Miller) out, and we’re not getting a warrant for anybody.
“There’s no new developments. We haven’t presented anything to the prosecutor’s office for a warrant request yet.”
Miller appeared in 41B District Court on the afternoon of Aug. 2. He was being held in Macomb County Jail on $200,000 bond.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township