SOUTHFIELD — Police found a man dead of a gunshot wound at a bridge underpass on Nine Mile, near the Southfield Freeway, at around 3:45 p.m. Aug. 26.
Officers were dispatched to the scene on a report of a subject down.
Upon arriving at the scene, officers located a 56 year old Detroit man with a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Originally, the incident was being investigated as a homicide.
After further investigation, Deputy Chief Nick Loussia said, the death has been ruled a suicide.
“Investigators also believe that this suicide is related to a domestic homicide that occurred in the city of Detroit,” Loussia said in a press release.
- 30 DAYS
- Drug court graduates share stories of struggle, hope - Warren
- Volunteers recognized by Community Round Table - Madison Heights
- Red Oaks Connector Trail officially open - Madison Heights
- Load up on information about truck driving - Metro Detroit
- Council chooses former councilman as interim finance director - Harper Woods
- Meet the falcons - Warren
- Art returns to the streets of Mount Clemens - Mount Clemens
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township