SOUTHFIELD — Police found a man dead of a gunshot wound at a bridge underpass on Nine Mile, near the Southfield Freeway, at around 3:45 p.m. Aug. 26.
Officers were dispatched to the scene on a report of a subject down.
Upon arriving at the scene, officers located a 56 year old Detroit man with a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Originally, the incident was being investigated as a homicide.
After further investigation, Deputy Chief Nick Loussia said, the death has been ruled a suicide.
“Investigators also believe that this suicide is related to a domestic homicide that occurred in the city of Detroit,” Loussia said in a press release.
- 30 DAYS
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Michael Loftis pleads guilty to 1998 rape charge - Roseville
- Commission candidates share priorities at forum - Bloomfield Hills
- Traffic study closes lanes on service drive, Main Street near Woodward - Pleasant Ridge
- COPS grant will add two Harper Woods police officers - Harper Woods
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township