A 38-year-old Detroit man was found dead this morning underneath a parked dump truck in Southfield.
According to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department, officers were called to a parking lot in the 16000 block of 12 Mile Road at 9:38 a.m. Oct. 21 about an unresponsive man under the engine area of the truck. Loussia said an employee called 911 to report the incident. The Southfield Fire Department also responded.
“Based on a preliminary investigation of the incident, it appears the male was under the engine compartment of the vehicle, working on the vehicle,” Loussia said in an email Monday morning. “At this time, it appears that his clothing got caught up in the drive shaft, killing him.”
The man, who was found to be the owner of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene, Loussia added.
At this time, no other information is known about the incident, though the Southfield Police Department is investigating what exactly happened.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville