FraserAugust 6, 2012
Man dies in Fraser accident
By Nico Rubello
C & G Staff Writer
A 22-year-old man died from injuries sustained in an Aug. 2 car accident, police reported on Aug. 6.
According to police, the victim, Ryan James Roberts of Fraser died the day after the accident.
Preliminary police investigation determined that the accident was caused around 11:30 p.m. by a vehicle believed to be speeding north on Hayes from 14 Mile. The driver of the vehicle was reportedly passing other vehicles, hitting one before rear-ending a car stopped at a red light in the left-hand turn lane of Hayes at 15 Mile.
Ryan Roberts was a passenger in the stopped vehicle, according to police.
His twin brother, Drew Roberts, was the driver.
Rescuers had to cut the car open to get both out, said Fraser Public Safety Lt. Dan Kolke. The brothers were taken to McLaren Macomb.
As of Aug. 6, Drew Roberts had been treated and released from the hospital, said McLaren spokeswoman Diane Kish.
The 67-year-old Detroit man who struck Roberts’ vehicle also was taken to the hospital. Kolke did not release his name.
Police investigation determined that the Detroit man did have some alcohol in his system at the time of the crash, but not enough to be considered legally intoxicated. He was hospitalized, but is expected to recover, Kolke said.
As of Aug. 6, the accident remained under investigation, Kolke said.
A visitation was scheduled from 3-9 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 7, at Kaul Funeral Home in Clinton Township.
The funeral was scheduled at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 8, at St. Athanasius Catholic Church in Roseville.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi